Thursday, January 31, 2013

Leverage strengths and opportunities

We all have strengths and weaknesses, but in order to use them to our advantage we must acknowledge both sides in ourselves.

In terms of creativity, I have come up with a SWOT analysis for myself:

Strengths 
- excited to take on challenges
- enthusiastic to learn about new things
- great at communicating ideas

Weaknesses 
- an introvert when it comes to socializing
- memorization skills can be improved
- technology use can be improved (ie. video programming and design programs)

Opportunities 
- become part of more communities (ie. volunteering and clubs)
- involve myself in the marketing & design clubs at MRU 
- taking on extra design courses (ie. Photo Shop)

Threats 
- limited budget
- lack of time to take on opportunities
- high priced design courses

In my workplace, many of the points in my personal SWOT analysis are applicable. I have been employed at my current workplace for almost 3 years and am confident in my position and degree of authority. Considering my length of employment, I am very knowledgeable and pride myself in that. However, a main weakness I have is in my customer service skills because I am such an introvert. My weakness is also an opportunity because I have the tools and support from co-workers to help improve my skills in a safe environment. I have the opportunity to grow with the company but a there are threats that may prevent me from doing so. These threats include: low profitable business location and lack of higher positions.

No comments:

Post a Comment