Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Assumptions block creativity


Assumptions occur whether we acknowledge them or not. When we make daily life decisions, we usually base them upon assumptions and sometimes react based on misconceptions.



Some important questions to consider:
What forms our assumptions? Can we control how our environment affects our assumptions?
How is it that we seem to share the same assumptions (as displayed in class while discussing this principle)? 
Can our assumptions be found cross-culturally?

A large assumption I have is in my studies at MRU. As many students, I assume that by graduation I will have guaranteed my spot in the working class. By assuming, I disregard many resources that are available to me at my institution. 
Some examples of these include:
- Co-op programs
- Resumé refining workshops
- Information sessions
- Career Services department

By applying this principle correctly, it can create value in terms of strengthening my position in finding a career. 

What prevents me from applying this principle successfully, is my assumption that I do not have any that will prevent me from succeeding! 
This is ultimately the biggest assumption that I must overcome before I am able to apply it.


 
Retrived from: connectedprincipals.com 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment