Thursday, April 4, 2013

Develop your creative competencies

Often times when people ask what program I'm in, I get the usual response of "I'm not that creative!"
It is obvious that many people believe that successful marketers are naturally creative. But I believe that we are all creative in different ways and that our success depends on our willingness.
 
This principle describes that creativity can be developed and that it is an ongoing process as long as we welcome it.
Developing one's creative competencies are significant because by doing so, we create new methods and innovations that drive our economy forward.
 
I also believe that creativity does not depend on how much money we invest to expand our resources, but how we seek to expand our resources to create more meaning.
 
unleash creativity
 
I always strive to apply this principle when I seek any opportunity. I believe that I have a variety of friends who teach and introduce me to new concepts that I have grown to appreciate and understand. I think this is crucial in my future career as it makes me a well-rounded marketer who can adapt to different clients.
 
I have been recently successful at applying this principle by understanding my weaknesses as an individual (ie. hand drawing). I have tried to develop this weakness by understanding other ways that I can express emotions in art form by using textures and colors to create abstract art. By doing so, I am developing a weakness into a creative strength.
 
What prevents me from applying this principle more consistently is concentrating too much on my own interests. For example, I take more effort in new forms of creativity that I am more interested in than others. By doing so, I limit my exposure to different lifestyles and hobbies that can create value in my future career and life.
 
An opposing point of view towards this principle may be that conventional ways of developing creativity (such as listening to music, watching others and engaging in different forms of entertainment) limit our creativity to the type we expose ourselves to. This is a valid point of view because by watching others, we only develop their version of creativity and not our own.
That being said, a question that still remains regarding this principle is:
When we attempt to develop our creative competencies, are we only adapting another individual's application?


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment