Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Creativity is iterative

Creativity is an on-going process within us, and can sometimes be subconscious.What is most important is that we realize the steps that need to be taken in the creative process so that we can be accustomed to them, and apply them even after a successful experience. 

The creative process is important to develop in any workplace to match the speed of knowledge shared between individuals and the speed of new innovations introduced to our societies. 

The process itself takes on many different forms but can be described into the on-going process of:

Any creative process follows the principles of exploring problems thoroughly, to assessing the success of the implemented idea and its execution. In order for the process to be successful, it must be iterative so that each success can be improved and learned upon. 

As a marketing student, I believe that the creative process is an on-going method that I should apply in order to be successful in my workplace. Because advertising and marketing tastes are forever changing, I believe that I should be accustomed to changing marketing initiatives accordingly. By doing so, I can keep my competitive advantage amongst many other marketing graduates. 

I have recently applied this principle in my workplace by understanding and adjusting the ways in which I study for my undergraduate courses. Many times during the semester, I change and re-evaluate the methods that I study for quizzes and tests according to the course. By doing so, I have a better understanding of ways in which I learn, and what other resources I may use to improve the successful methods that I currently use. The creative method in my workplace has created value to me because I have a better understanding of myself as a student, and have earned better grades as a result. 

What prevents me from applying this principle more consistently is success itself. There are times that I pride myself too much on a successful experience and do not take the effort to re-evaluate it because I feel that I have reached my limit and desired outcome. By doing so, I limit myself to further success and more knowledge of different successful methods. 

A question that still remains regarding this principle is:
Given the method in which we measure success in school (ie.grade points), how can structured education help us to keep the creative process alive?



No comments:

Post a Comment